~Song of The Wave~



Song of the Wave
BY Khalil Gibran

The strong shore is my beloved
And I am his sweetheart.
We are at last united by love,
And then the moon draws me from him.
I go to him in haste and depart
Reluctantly, with many little farewells.
I steal swiftly from behind the blue horizon,
To cast the silver of my foam upon the gold of his sand,
And we blend in melted brilliance.
I quench his thirst and submerge his heart;
He softens my voice and subdues my temper.
At dawn I recite the rules of love upon his ears,
And he embraces me longingly.
At eventide I sing to him the song of hope,
And then print smooth kisses upon his face;
I am swift and fearful,
but he is quiet, patient, and thoughtful
.His broad bosom soothes my restlessness
.As the tide comes we caress each other,
When it withdraws, I drop to his feet in prayer.
Many times have I danced around mermaids
As they rose from the depths
And rested upon my crest to watch the stars;
Many times have I heard lovers complain of their smallness,
And I helped them to sigh.
Many times have I teased the great rocks
And fondled them with a smile,
But never have I received laughter from them;
Many times have I lifted drowning souls
And carried them tenderly to my beloved shore.
He gives them strength as he takes mine.
Many times have I stolen gems from the depths
And presented them to my beloved shore.
He takes them in silence,
But still I give for he welcomes me ever.
In the heaviness of night,
When all creatures seek the ghost of slumber,
I sit up, singing at one time and sighing at another.
I am awake always.Alas!
Sleeplessness has weakened me!
But I am a lover, and the truth of love is strong.
I may be weary, but I shall never die.

Ah as we rush about .. I think we are suppose to be slowing down .. grins as we slow down .. heck its time to pick it up .. in this thing we call a Paradox ahh that would be life .. the depth .. not the drama is what I seek .. and to be in twined in it ..is a magical place .. I woke up to snow this am and went to sleep to a wicked wind storm .. that is the power ..of mother nature .. sorry it humbles me .. gosh I love where I live .. change of season and all . it takes a mind a bit deep.. Ha! .. and some of these thoughts perhaps are best kept to one's self .. then again .. its just some stuff on my mind .." I dont' like to see so much pain"
indeed I reach up and out from deep from the inside ..
hugsssssssssssssss !! .

Comments