~Copperline~


Even the old folks never knew
Why they call it like they do
I was wondering since the age of two
Down on copperline
Copper head, copper beech
Copper kettles sitting side by each
Copper coil, cup ogeorgia peach
Down on copperline
Half a mile down to morgan creek
Leaning heavy on the end of the week
Hercules and a hog-nosed snake
Down on copperline
We were down on copperline
One summer night on the copperline
Slip away past supper time
Wood smoke and moonshine
Down on copperline
One time I saw my daddy dance
Watched him moving like a man in a trance
He brought it back from the war in france
Down onto copperline
Branch water and tomato wine
Creosote and turpentine
Sour mash and new moon shine
Down on copperline
Down on copperline
First kiss ever I took
Like a page from a romance book
The sky opened and the earth shook
Down on copperline
Down on copperline
Took a fall from a windy height
I only knew how to hold on tight
And pray for love enough to last all night
Down on copperline
Day breaks and the boys wakes up
And the dog barks and the birds sings
And the sap rises and the angels sigh, yeah
I tried to go back, as if I could
All spec house and plywood
Tore up and tore up good
Down on copperline
It doesnt come as a surprise to me
It doesnt touch my memory
Man Im lifting up and rising free
Down on over copperline
Half a mile down to morgan creek
Im only living for the end of the week
Hercules and a hog-nosed snake
Down on copperline, yeah
Take me down on copperline
Oh, down on copperline
Take me down on copperline

Got caught in a storm this evening .. ah it was the weather .. But I am well aware of the hurt and anger out there.. I wish I could help and do more alas .. shakes my head .. I had to walk away from two situations One was a conflict between two people ( that I do not know) the other was just a person with so much bitterness .. and instead of trying to dig in and help.. I simply turned the page .. It's not that I do not care . I think it is I care too much .. and when I look I see things .. what I see are a great deal of unhappy people . Sad really .. humanity people really should advance and dig in deep and dare I say find some !
Why Copperline ? *grins* It the simple things .. oh how I wish more people could enjoy the simple things, the little things , the best things of all !!
example went to do my taxes this evening my husband on the phone .. The accountant had some other things going on .. I smiled and said .. I can come back .. and he was so grateful !!
Heck I might even file extension !! (( my husband so does not agree ha! we shall have a debate .. and funny thing we will laugh about it .. not fight )) *grins* but we did talk about what i had seen earlier .. His reply?
What am I going to do with you and all that passion of yours ? .......I said I think got a bit more today .. we laughed ..

You know what I learned today ?? I learned that people that I care about don't stress me out .. It those that I really don't know that do .. wipes away a happy tear .. for that was a hard lesson .. it dare I say hurt *grins* Sighs as I listen to the heavy rain .. it sounds nice .. and perhaps after a few days of it .. things shall be greener . Ah the little things :)
just some random thoughts .. *smile* ... be good to yourselves and to those that make YOU happy .. fingers crossed people never stop caring and sharing about the good things in life !! Oh those that let me care *hugss* and thank YOU soo much for making my life happier and safer !! See ya in my dreams !!

Comments