~Sea Pearls Line ~Miss Kembri Tomsen~

Please allow Breezy to explain this blog a bit ((smiles))
these wonderful suits were given to me by my dear friend Miss Kembri
during the rush of the holiday season .. I sat and chatted with her as she designed each one :)
It is a humble privilege to have the gifts of the relationships that Breezy has on this grid !
I don't think she says thank You enough to each of them ..
So this blog is just that :)
Ladies I give you a glimpse into Miss Kembri's latest line and what a fun line it is
Introducing ~Sea Pearls~
You see the fun part of this line ((grins)) is that it was inspired by a purchase Miss Kembri Made for herself .. The same item was gifted to me by perhaps the most special person of all to Breezy for Christmas last year .. I showed Miss Kembri the blog i had done on this item
and we laughed at my attire .. smiles .. Being of the advanced ..."Power Barbie" Players
"Oh No ! that simply wouldn't do for Miss Kembri"
she started with a hunt for boat shoes before the night was done she was onto something very very special .. behold the first of three most darling vintage swim suits
As always let me intoduce each of the items in Miss Kembri's own words as she does say it best always
Greetings, and thank you for buying the first swim suit in the Sea Pearls line! I really appreciate your support. Normally I design Victorian and Edwardian clothing, but recently some new interests in SL had me adding to my creations. As I write this it is mid-December of 2009. I'm in the mid-western United States, with temps in the sub zeros, and I have just discovered a passion for SL sailing! How fun it is to learn a new skill! But as I was out sailing around, ducking the boom and gazing wide-eyed at my new boat hud, I decided I had to be stylish too! Here's the thing though, I am tired of seeing string bikinis every place. It really doesn't take a lot to make one. Heck for some folks it's the first thing they learn to do in clothing! But I wanted more. Something cute, pretty or sexy, but vintage. I did not want Edwardian or Victorian because this is a more modern past time I was taking up, and lag is a huge issue when out sailing. So skirts and prims aren't really good when trying to sail a virtual boat. Now, the difference between vintage and antique is age. Vintage is less than 100 years old. What I really, really wanted was bathing suits from the 1940's through the very early 1960's. Sexy in a classically elegant and fun way that would look great for sailing or swimming. So I went hunting and found darn little in SL. I was surprised! So next I turned to the web and did some research, and this is one of the many suits I found that fit my preferences. Since you're reading this, I'm going to assume it appeals to you too! This suit is exactly like one worn by Brigitte Bardot in her break out movie, 'And God Created Woman'. While the movie was panned, Miss Bardot made pink gingham suits hot. After seeing this one, I could understand why! Sometimes exposing more isn't nearly as sexy as hinting at it can be. She also was the one who was titled sex kitten. That term can be good or bad, depending on how you view it. For me, I just think it's cute. The suit comes made on all layers to give you the greatest amount of freedom. You can pop on a pair of jeans over it, a skirt, whatever, and still have the suit on. Whatever you choose to do, I hope you enjoy many hours of virtual sun in it!
*grins* I told ya's its a whole neat long story and breezy was there" :)

Next we come to French Picnic .. yum yum !!!
Again to quote Miss Kembri
" Greetings friend,
thank you for your purchase of this bathing suit. When I first found it the only name on it was '1950's French Bathing Suit'. Very early 50's. I thought it looked like a picnic blanket, and all kinds of lewd thoughts sprang from that stray thought. I won't bother you with those, but that's how I came up with the name 'French Picnic'."
" I was teasing my sister and telling her if I could put a loaf of bread and a jug of wine on a matching hat, I would! She found the bit of poetry I was referring to, and so I include it in here. It is from 'The Rubiyat' and while I can't vouch for its accuracy in translation, I can say it is a memorable bit of verse. This suit is based on an early 1950's French swim suit. It was considered quite risque for its time because of cut outs on the hip, but for us it is a perfect outfit for sailing or swimming. It comes on each layer so that you can wear it with jeans or other items of clothing. I do hope you enjoy it.
Cordially yours,Kembri Tomsen
The Curious Seamstress of GreenWood Designs"
Pure Passion .. Pure depth and yes there are those details with the cut of the suit and the hat and fun sunglass .. oh la la ...... just call breezy "frenchie" wearing this little number indeed
ahh alone in thoughts .. what's on little breezy mind ...
Pure passion a gift or a curse .. true raw feelings imagine being over flowing with them
~sigh ~
But there is one who handles them all .. ((smiles thinking of him))
How can I not ... For he was part of all smiles and gave me an amazing gift a year ago
and the most dynamic beautiful gift this year
the kind of gift a gal can only dream of ..
A Book of Verses underneath the Bough,
A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread-
and Thou Beside me singing in the Wilderness-
O, Wilderness were Paradise enow!
Some for the Glories of This World;
and some Sigh for the Prophet's Paradise to come;
Ah, take the Cash, and let the Credit go,
Nor heed the rumble of a distant Drum!
Look to the blowing Rose about us-'Lo, Laughing,'
she says, 'into the world I blow,
At once the silken tassel of my Purse Tear,
and its Treasure on the Garden throw.'
And those who husbanded the Golden grain
And those who flung it to the winds like Rain
Alike to no such aureate Earth are turn'd As,
buried once, Men want dug up again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Trudeau Leetle Cat, inspired by the popular New England based one-design centerboard catboat.
A station break if one pleases ....
on this little power cat boat for it inspires and continues to give all that play with her piece of mind and beautiful harmony ..
Helps one to see what matters and what is most important nods .. a wicked fast fun sail
in any world can help ones mind see the light nods nods ..
weeeeee with a new update away breezy goesssssssssssss .. and now back to Sea Pearls !!
Notice two things they are the clever packaging of Miss Kembri's Sea Pearls how adorable and most clever !!! ALways that's Miss Kembri :)
sometimes the cold and alone time can cause one mind to run .. sigh .. sometimes it can calm the soul .. but all the time it is the little things that mean the most .. please never forget that :)
thank YOU for visiting I hope you enjoyed this lovely smart saucy sexy collection ..
Oh the location of the photos breezy's main land *smiles*
for gee almost 2 in half years now .. Just a little paradise
where she can gather her thoughts and say
thank You and she is sorry with love ...
smiles and wavessss
Honey Mango
"Thank you for purchasing this outfit. I appreciate your support. This outfit is from the late 1950's and is both a swimsuit and a play suit. It was made to be either one. It's a comfortable, yet sexy and flattering suit. I thought the pattern was pretty and the coloring would be lovely on a beach or a boat! I do hope you enjoy it. "
Cordially yours,Kembri Tomsen
The Curious Seamstressof GreenWood Designs

Comments